Creamy Apple Noodle Kugel
Photo adapted from Duncan Hines.
- 3/4 c
- unsalted butter, melted
- 1 bag(s)
- (12 ounces) medium noodles, cooked
- large eggs
- 1-1/2 c
- sour cream, at room temperature
- 1/2 c
- sugar plus 2 tbsp.
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- large apples, peeled, cored, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 c
- golden raisins (optional)
How to Make Creamy Apple Noodle Kugel
- 1Put eggs and sour cream into a bowl and mix on medium speed until combined.
Mix in 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter and the softened cream cheese.
- 2Heat 2 tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Stir in 2 tbsp. sugar, 1/2 tsp.cinnamon and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg.
Add apples; gently toss to coat.
Cook, tossing occasionally, until soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3Stir apples and raisins into egg mixture; pour over noodles.
Toss gently to combine.
Pour into greased 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.