Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake
It is time consuming, but it's worth it.
1-1/2 cfinely crushed oatmeal raisn cookies (remove raisins if possible)
2 Tbspbrown sugar, packed
CINNAMON SWIRL FILLING
3/4 clight brown sugar
3 tspground cinnamon
1/2 cunsalted butter, melted and cooled
4 pkg(8 ounces) cream cheese at room temperature
3/4 cwhole milk
4large eggs, at room temperature
1 csour cream
How to Make Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake
- Crust: Combine cookie crumbs, brown sugar and butter together and mix well.
Press the crust mixture into bottom of 9 inch spring form pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cinnamon Swirl Filling: In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. This will be chunky, don't worry about it, we'll fix that later.
Set it off to the side.
- Cheesecake Filling: In a large mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and the 3/4 cup of sugar, until smooth. Add milk and stir until combined. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, making sure to blend completely after each addition.
Add the sour cream, vanilla and flour and mix once again. Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl and stir until the filling is completely smooth and lump free.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the batter into the cinnamon swirl filling, and stir until smooth.
- Pour the remainder of the cheesecake filling into the spring form pan over the cooled crust. Dollop the cinnamon swirl filling on top and swirl with a butter knife.
- Place the cheesecake on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
Turn off oven and allow the cheesecake to sit until it's completely cooled down, about 4 hours.
DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR! This will prevent the cheesecake from cracking on top. Do not even peek inside. Keep the door closed.
- Once the cheesecake has cooled down, cover it with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to chill overnight or at least 3 hours.
Run a knife along the edge of the pan and remove sides of the pan.
Serve with whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon.