Chocolate-Marbled Almond Cheesecake
Photo adapted from AllHealthyRecipes.
- 1 pkg
- (2 ounces) (1/2) cup blanched almonds, finely chopped
- 2 c
- 4 pkg
- (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1 Tbsp
- unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 1 pkg
- (12 ounces) (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1-1/2 c
- oreo cookie crumbs
- 1 c
- chopped almonds, toasted if desired
- 6 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp
OREO COOKIE CRUST
How to Make Chocolate-Marbled Almond Cheesecake
- 1Lightly butter 9 inch springform pan; press almonds firmly on bottom of pan.
- 2Combine sugar and cream cheese in large mixer bowl.
Beat at medium speed, until creamy, (3 to 4 minutes).
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition (1 to 2 minutes).
Add all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips ; continue beating until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
Gently stir in melted chocolate chips by hand, swirling chocolate throughout batter for marbled effect.
- 3Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake at 325 degrees for 65 to 75 minutes or until just set.
Turn off oven; leave cheesecake in oven for 2 hours.
Loosen sides of cheesecake from pan by running knife around inside of pan.
Cover, refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 4If you prefer you can use an Oreo Cookie Crust: Combine Oreo cookie crumbs, almonds, butter and sugar and mix well.
Press mixture onto bottom of pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. and then proceed with the filling.