Caramel Apple Cheesecake
This recipe and photo are adapted from Taste of Home.
- 1 1/2 c
- cinnamon graham crackers crumbs (about 8 whole crackers)
- 3/4 c
- sugar, divided
- 1/4 c
- butter, melted
- 1 pkg
- (14 ounces) caramels
- 2/3 c
- evaporated milk
- 1/2 c
- chopped pecans, divided
- 2 pkg
- (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- flour, divided
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
How to Make Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- 1In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter.
Press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of greased 9 inch spring form pan.
Place on baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool on wire rack.
- 2In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, cook and stir caramels and milk until melted and smooth.
Pour 1 cup over crust; sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans.
Set remaining caramel mixture aside..
- 3In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 tbsp. flour and remaining sugar until smooth.
Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
Combine the apples, cinnamon and remaining flour; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour into crust.
- 4Place spring form pan in a large baking pan; add 1 inch of hot water to larger pan.
Bake for 40 minutes.
Reheat reserved caramel mixture if necessary; gently spoon over cheesecake. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
Bake 10-15 minutes or until center is just set.
Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
Remove sides of pan.