Broken glass Dessert
Photo adapted from SimplyCornish.
- 1 pkg
- (3 ounce) each, orange, cherry and lime gelatin
- 3 c
- boiling water
- 2 c
- cold water
- 1 c
- pineapple juice
- 1/4 c
- 1 pkg
- (3 ounce) lemon gelatin
- graham cracker crust or 16-18 ladyfingers, split.
- 2 c
- cool whip
How to Make Broken glass Dessert
- 1Prepare the three flavors of gelatin separately. using 1 cup boiling water and 1/2 cup cold water for each.
Pour each flavor into a 8 inch square pan.
Chill until firm or overnight.
- 2Mix pineapple juice and sugar. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
Dissolve the lemon gelatin in the hot juice; then add 1/2 cup cold water.
Chill until slightly thickened.
- 3Meanwhile, prepare graham cracker crust or lady fingers to line a 9 inch spring-form pan.
Graham Cracker Crust: 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs,
1/3 cup melted butter
Mix crumbs and butter; press into bottom of 9 inch spring-form pan.
- 4Cut the firm gelatin into 1/2 cubes.
Blend lemon gelatin with Cool Whip.
Fold in gelatin cubes.
Pour into pan.
Chill at least 5 hours or overnight.
- 5Run knife or spatula between sides of dessert and pan, and remove sides of pan before serving.
Can be served with more Cool Whip.
- 6If lining pan with ladyfingers, use about 18 ladyfingers, split. Line the bottom of the pans; then line the sides of the pan with the remaining ladyfingers.