I really like a good crockpot recipe. Just pour in the food and come back later and eat.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 1/2 to 4 qt1 package (14 ounces) frozen blackberries (3 cups), thawed and drained
1 tsplemon juice
1 cbisquick original baking mix
·whipping (heavy) cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired
How to Make Blackberry Dumplings
- Mix blackberries, 1/3 cup sugar, the water and lemon juice in 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker.
Make sure berries are not frozen in syrup. Also any type of berries can be used or mixed together.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 3 to 4 hours (or high heat setting 1 1/2 to 2 hours) or until mixture is boiling.
If mixture isn't boiling before dropping in dough, they won't be fluffy and light. Also they need steam to rise so don't lift cover to peek.
- Mix baking mix and 2 tablespoons sugar in small bowl.
Stir in milk just until dry ingredients are moist.
Drop 6 spoonfuls of dough onto hot berry mixture.
Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of dumplings comes out clean.
- To serve, spoon dumpling into dessert dish, Spoon berry mixture over dumpling.
Top with whipping cream.