Vicki Butts (lazyme)
1 call-purpose flour
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cbutter or margarine
1/2 csour cream
3/4 tspbaking soda
1 tspground cinnamon
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 cfresh blackberries
·confectioners' sugar, sifted
How to Make Blackberry Bars
- Combine the flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press 1 1/3 cups of the mixture into an ungreased 8-inch pan.
- Combine the remaining crumb mixture, sour cream, egg, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract, and blend well.
- Stir in the blackberries, and spoon over the crust.
- Spread evenly.
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.