How to Make Baklava
- 1Grease cookie sheet or 9x13 baking dish. If using baking dish, cut sheets to fit. I line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and use full size of phyllo sheets.
- 2In bowl, combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon.
- 3Melt butter in separate dish. Use pastry brush.
- 4Place one sheet and brush with butter. Be sure edges are covered. Repeat using five more sheets of phyllo. On top of these six layers sprinkle 1 cup of walnut mixture. Repeat layers until complete leaving a tad of nut mixture for top.
- 5Preheat oven to 300. Cut half way through layers on diagonal. This will make diamond shaped pieces. You will need a sharp knife and take your time when slicing.
- 6Just before it completes the baking cycle, heat honey in small sauce pan on stove. Remove baklava from oven and spoon honey over top. Cool in pan for one hour. Note: I used Jodi-Bees honey as it is freshly produced locally. Fresh honey does make a difference!