Baked French Toast for a Crowd
forgot to mention, this was good both hot and cold 8]
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 pkg
- texas toast bread
- 18 large
- 2 can(s)
- evaporated milk
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 6 tsp
- 1 1/4 c
- orange juice
- 32 oz
- cream cheese
- 2 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- cinnamon, sugar , and brown sugar to sprinkle over each layer
- powdered sugar
How to Make Baked French Toast for a Crowd
- 1spray a large foil pan with cooking spray.
tear up one loaf of the Texas toast bread in the foil pan.
(I used 10 slices of bread to cover the top, 4 down each side of the pan , I cut 2 slices in half to fit down the middle, the rest of the bread was torn up)
- 2beat 10 eggs add the evaporated milk,1 cup orange juice and heavy cream, both sugars , melted butter and 2 tsp vanilla. mix well and pour over the bread. stir to mix well to coat bread completely. sprinkle brown sugar , sugar and some cinnamon over top, and add some raisins if you like . that is your first layer.
- 3beat cream cheese until smooth add 4 eggs , 2 tsp vanilla and sweetened condensed milk. pour over bread mixture. this is the second layer.
- 4beat 4 eggs add 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup milk or cream, 1 tsp vanilla 1/4 cup brown sugar, mix well until sugars dissolve . dip slices of Texas toast bread into egg mixture and place on top of mixture in the pan , pour any remaining egg mixture in to the pan. sprinkle the top of this with brown sugar and cinnamon,this is the third layer.
cover and refrigerate over night or just bake immediately.
- 5In the morning remove cover and bake at 350* for about an hour, you can tell when it is done because it will be poofy all over the top .
- 6sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream and a drizzle of syrup and some fruit if you like. Enjoy ! 8]