Aunt Ruth's Danish Nut Rolls
5 c.all-purpose flour
1-lbbutter or margarine (can use 1/2 and 1/2)
1 c.luke warm water
1 pkg.dry yeast
4 c.walnuts (grinded fine)
1/4 c.scalded milk
1 t.almond flavoring
How to Make Aunt Ruth's Danish Nut Rolls
- Sift flour with salt. Mix butter with flour and salt as for a pie crust.
- Add yeast into cup with luke warm water and sugar until completely dissolved.
- Add dry ingredients including eggs. Mix well with hands.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Divide dough into 6 equal balls. Roll each out thin on floured board. Spread with melted butter before putting nuts on mixture.
- After adding nut filling. Roll up and seal ends. Brush top of rolls with egg yolk and 1 T. water. Bake at 350°for 30 to 35 minutes. Makes 6 rolls