- egg whites**
- egg yolks**
- 8 oz
- mascarpone cheese (room temp)
- 2 Tbsp
- amaretto liqueur
- 6 Tbsp
- sugar (divided)
- 1 c
- fresh strong coffee (cooled)
- 3-4 dozen
- ladyfingers (storebought or homemade)
- 1 Tbsp
- cocoa powder (for dusting)
How to Make Amaretto Tiramisu
- 1In a clean bowl, whip the egg whites and 3 tbsp of sugar together with a hand mixer, for about 3-5 minutes until the egg whites hold stiff peaks.
- 2In a separate bowl, whip the egg yolks with the other 3 tbsp sugar for 3-5 minutes until the egg yolks are thick, frothy, and pale yellow in color. Add the mascarpone and amaretto liqueur to the egg yolks and whip until combined. GENTLY fold the stiff egg whites into the egg yolk mixture and set aside.
- 3Get an 8x6 glass container (I used a bread pan), and dunk each ladyfinger into the coffee for 2-5 seconds and place the ladyfinger into the bottom of the glass dish. Don't let it soak too much it'll fall apart. Once the ladyfingers have formed a single layer in the bottom of the dish, spread 1/2 of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers. Arrange another layer of coffee soaked ladyfingers on top, and spread over the remaining mascarpone cream.
- 4Wrap the top of the container with plastic wrap and let the tiramisu refrigerate for 4-6 hours. This part is important, allowing the flavors to meld together. Serve cold.
**This recipe contains raw eggs. Be sure to get your eggs from a reliable source and wash the shells. This dessert is very perishable, and should be consumed within a couple of days, and always kept refrigerated.