☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 stickbutter, softened
1 boxbutter cake mix
3 mediumeggs (use large for an even richer taste)
1 boxpowdered sugar
8 ozcream cheese, softened
1 Tbspalmond extract
3/4 csliced almonds
How to Make Almond Squares
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt the butter and mix with the dry cake mix and 1 egg.
- Press the mixture into a 9" X 13" pan that has been sprayed with Pam or other spray oil. (Do NOT use the olive oil kind.)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the powdered sugar, cream cheese, 2 eggs, and almond extract.
- Pour this mixture on top of the cake mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top and slightly press into the cake.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares - if you can wait that long.