☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 stick
- butter, softened
- 1 box
- butter cake mix
- 3 medium
- eggs (use large for an even richer taste)
- 1 box
- powdered sugar
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp
- almond extract
- 3/4 c
- sliced almonds
How to Make Almond Squares
- 1Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Melt the butter and mix with the dry cake mix and 1 egg.
- 3Press the mixture into a 9" X 13" pan that has been sprayed with Pam or other spray oil. (Do NOT use the olive oil kind.)
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine the powdered sugar, cream cheese, 2 eggs, and almond extract.
- 5Pour this mixture on top of the cake mixture.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- 7Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top and slightly press into the cake.
- 8Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- 9Allow to cool before cutting into squares - if you can wait that long.