- half -gallon vanilla ice cream
- medium watermelon
How to Make REALLY COOL WATERMELON ICE CREAM
- 1While allowing ice cream to soften in a very large bowl prepare your watermelon.
- 2Scoop out the half of medium watermelon into another large bowl.
Check ice cream for softness. You want it soft enough to easily stir- but NOT soupy. Perhaps like a "flurry" constistacy.
- 3Mince watermelon. Gradually, stir into the ice cream. It should be about equal parts ice cream & watermelon. It will have a slight pink appearance. If you want scoop it back into the watermelon to serve.
- 4If you aren't serving immediately return it to freezer. Take out just before you plan on serving to allow it to soften.
Amazing how cold ice cream tastes even colder with watermelon in it. Be brrrrrrave-try it!