How to Make PINEAPPLE SHERBET (SALLYE)
- Remove top and bottom from pineapple.
With sharp chef's knife, remove outer skin completely from all sides of pineapple
With tip of paring knife, dig out all remaining brown fibrous "eyes", so pineapple is smooth.
- Cut pineapple into quarters and remove core (that hard fibrous pineapple)
Place in food processor
- Run processor on medium until pineapple is pureed.
- Pause processor, add sugar and lemon juice to puree and resume processing until well blended.
- Pour pineapple mixture into ice cream maker cannister and follow freezer instructions.
- When puree is just beginning to freeze (is slushy), pause the ice cream maker.
Add the whisked egg white, then resume freezing until sherbet is firmly frozen.
- ***NOTE: IF THIS IS TOO TART FOR YOUR TASTE, INCREASE SUGAR AMOUNT TO 3/4 CUP,.