·graham wafer base
·1 cup crushed graham wafer crumbs
·3 tbsp melted butter or margarine
·2 tbsp sugar
·2 - 3oz. pkg. orange jello powder
·1 qt.(4 cups) vanilla ice cream
·1- 10 0z (284 ml) tin mandarin orange segments/sections
How to Make Jello Dessert
- Graham Wafer Base
- Mix together graham wafer crumbs, butter and white sugar.
Pack mixture into an 8"x8" pan reserving 1/4 cup of crumbs for topping
- Mix orange jello with 2 cups boiling water and stir until jello is dissolved
Let jello cool slightly.
- Add ice cream and madarin orange segment/sections that have been well drained and chopped.
The filling at this point will appear quite liquidy DO NOT WORRY it will firm up after it has been in the fridge for 24 hrs.
- Stir with wire whisk until mixture is smooth. Pour mixture carefully over graham wafer base. Sprinkle the reserved graham wafer crumbs on top
- Refrigerate 24 hrs. before serving