☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 16 oz
- canned bing cherries, pitted and drained
- 3/4 c
- red currant jelly
- 1/4 tsp
- orange peel
- 1/4 c
- cherry brandy or cherry kirsh
- 4 scoop(s)
- vanilla ice cream
- 4 sprig(s)
- fresh mint, for garnish (optional)
How to Make Cherries Jubilee
- 1For each serving, place a scoop of ice cream in a bowl; set aside.
- 2In a small skillet heat the brandy slowly over low heat.
- 3In a medium skillet heat currant over low heat until melted. Add the cherries and orange peel, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to boil.
- 4Just before serving, return to small skillet and ignite the brandy with a match and let it flame for only a few seconds.
- 5Pour the flaming brandy over heated cherries and stir quickly until the flame is distinguished.
- 6Pour hot cherry sauce over the ice cream scoops. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint, if desired. Serve immediately.