☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
16 ozcanned bing cherries, pitted and drained
3/4 cred currant jelly
1/4 tsporange peel
1/4 ccherry brandy or cherry kirsh
4 scoop(s)vanilla ice cream
4 sprig(s)fresh mint, for garnish (optional)
How to Make Cherries Jubilee
- For each serving, place a scoop of ice cream in a bowl; set aside.
- In a small skillet heat the brandy slowly over low heat.
- In a medium skillet heat currant over low heat until melted. Add the cherries and orange peel, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to boil.
- Just before serving, return to small skillet and ignite the brandy with a match and let it flame for only a few seconds.
- Pour the flaming brandy over heated cherries and stir quickly until the flame is distinguished.
- Pour hot cherry sauce over the ice cream scoops. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint, if desired. Serve immediately.