Vanilla Ice Box Cake
- 16 oz
- vanilla wafers, crushed, divided in half
- 2 stick
- butter, softened (the real stuff) (plus a little more for buttering pan)
- 1-1/2 c
- white sugar
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 3 large
- eggs, preferably pasteurized
- 16 oz
- pineapple, crushed, drained well
- 4 large
- bananas, sliced in rounds
- 8 oz
- cool whip, thawed
How to Make Vanilla Ice Box Cake
- 1Butter a 9x13 pan. Crush vanilla wafers in a food processor (or put the cookies in a plastic baggie and crush them with a rolling pin). Evenly distribute 1/2 of the crumbs into the prepared pan.
- 2Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla.
- 3Beat in eggs, one at a time, 3 FULL MINUTES PER EGG (this part is important, as it is what gives the filling the "silky" texture, like French Silk pie.) Spread mixture onto crumbs in pan.
- 4Top with drained pineapple.
- 5Slice bananas over pineapple.
- 6Spread entire container of cool whip on top. Top with the remaining 1/2 of wafer crumbs. Wrap in Saran Wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.