Vanilla Ice Box Cake
16 ozvanilla wafers, crushed, divided in half
2 stickbutter, softened (the real stuff) (plus a little more for buttering pan)
1-1/2 cwhite sugar
2 tspvanilla extract
3 largeeggs, preferably pasteurized
16 ozpineapple, crushed, drained well
4 largebananas, sliced in rounds
8 ozcool whip, thawed
How to Make Vanilla Ice Box Cake
- Butter a 9x13 pan. Crush vanilla wafers in a food processor (or put the cookies in a plastic baggie and crush them with a rolling pin). Evenly distribute 1/2 of the crumbs into the prepared pan.
- Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, 3 FULL MINUTES PER EGG (this part is important, as it is what gives the filling the "silky" texture, like French Silk pie.) Spread mixture onto crumbs in pan.
- Top with drained pineapple.
- Slice bananas over pineapple.
- Spread entire container of cool whip on top. Top with the remaining 1/2 of wafer crumbs. Wrap in Saran Wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.