☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 each can(s)
- peach slices, pears (sliced), apricots well drained
- 2 medium
- bananas (slice as you go so they don't discolour)
- 1-1/2 c
- med coconut
- 2-3 Tbsp
- "birds custard powder" -blue n' gold tin
- egg whites (room temp) for meringue
How to Make Summer Delight
- 1use each entire tins of fruit....
layer of peach slices, sprinkle of coconut,layer of sliced bananas,sprinkle of coconut..layer of pears, sprinkle of coconut,layer of sliced bananas n' repeat until all fruit is used up n' final sprinkle of coconut.
- 2mix birds custard powder in 1-1/2 cups of milk, stir continuously so it doesn't scorch while thickening....when slightly cooled pour over top of fruit layers.
- 3Mix egg whites (I normally add creme of tartar but you don't have to)....slowly add sugar (tsp or so) n' pile high on top of custard right out to the edges of dish. Into the oven to get nicely (lightly) browned... 350 degrees for 10-15 min's or so, depending on accuracy of your oven...sprinkle of coconut on top before cooking if you wish.
- 4This dessert MUST be served COLD....it's even more awesome with fresh fruits when possible....but delish either way.