Note: I have tried different brands of cream cheese and found the Philadelphia brand works best (do not use low fat).
1 ptstrawberries, fresh
1block of philadelphia brand cream cheese, softened
1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
2 Tbspgraham cracker crumbs
1/2 cmini chocolate chips
How to Make Stuffed Strawberries
- Allow the cream cheese to sit at room temperature, in the mixing bowl for at least 1/2 hour.
- Wash strawberries, cut off the top and hull out the inside of the berry with a small paring knife, discard center or save them for later use. Pat the berries dry with paper towels.
- Place strawberries cut side down on a wire rack, lined with paper towels to allow some of the juices to drain off. Let drain for about 20 minutes.
- Put cream cheese in a bowl, add sugar, vanilla and graham crumbs. Beat on medium speed until well combined and creamy. Taste the filling at this point and add more sugar if desired.
- Using a quart size ziploc freezer bag, put the cream cheese mixture into the bag and squeeze it down to one corner. Snip a corner of the bag off and squeeze the mixture into the center of each strawberry.
- Place the mini chocolate chips into a small, flat dish and dip the cream cheese into the chips. Serve immediately.
- Note: These are best served immediately because the juice of the strawberries thins out the cream cheese the longer they sit. If you would like to stand the berries up on your serving dish, cut off a very small section of the bottom of the berry to make a flat surface.