Strawberry Shortcake Cookie Bars
- 1 pkg
- refrigerated sugar cookies
- 2 pkg
- (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c
- 1 pkg
- (one envelope) unflavored gelatin
- 4 oz
- thawed whpped topping
- 1 3/4 c
- chopped fresh strawberries
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Cookie Bars
- 1Heat oven to 375. Line cookie sheet wit parchment paper. Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Cool cookies completely; to speed this you can refrigerate cookies.
- 2Meanwhile, line 11x7 inch pan with cooking parchment paper.
Once cookies are cool, place in food processor. Cover, pulse a few times until all cookies are crumbled. Reserve 1 cup of the cookie crumbs. Pour remaining cookie crumbs into pan; press in bottom of pan to form crust.
- 3In mixer bowl with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy and smooth. Add gelatin; stir to combine.
With rubber spatula, fold whipped topping and 1 cup of the chopped strawberries into cream cheese mixture. Spread over cookie crust. Top with remaining chipped strawberries.
- 4Sprinkle reserved 1 cup cookie crumbs evenly over dessert, gently press with fingers.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
To serve, cut into 5 rows by 3 rows to make 15 bars, or into 6 rows by 3 rows to make 18 bars.