☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12eggs (cold or room temp)
2 cflour (sifting not required)
1 cheavy whipping cream
2 pkg(8oz) cream cheese, softened at room temp
2 lbfresh strawberries (1½ lbs to blend and put inside the cake and ½ lb to decorate the top)
·chocolate chips to melt and decorate the top; optional
How to Make Strawberry Layer Cake
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Line a 9×13″ cake pan with parchment paper.
- You will bake your cake layers separately so for each biscuit layer: in the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk together 6 eggs and 1 cup sugar on high speed for 12 minutes or until 3 times in volume.
- Use a spatula to gently fold in 1 cup all-purpose flour.
Transfer to lined baking pan and bake until top is golden and toothpick comes out clean 17-20 min.
- (While the first layer is baking, start making your second cake layer repeating steps 1-3 above)
Remove from pans and let cake cool to room temperature.
- Cut strawberries into halves or quarters and place them in the bowl of a food processor; pulse 15 times or until the consistency of a chunky applesauce; set aside.
- Beat together cream cheese and 2/3 cup sugar until smooth (1 min). Add 1 cup heavy whipping cream and beat until fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Cut each cooled cake layer in half. Place the first layer on your serving dish (this cake is too big and heavy to transfer so put it on the dish you’re serving it on)
- Spread the first layer with ⅓ of the strawberry puree. Spread a very thin layer of frosting on the second half and place it over the first layer so the strawberries and cream are hugging. Repeat with the next layers. So the order from the bottom up is: cake; strawberry; cream; cake; strawberry; cream;cake; strawberries; cream; cake; cream (frost the top and sides with remaining frosting).
- Decorate the top with fresh strawberries and chocolate