Strawberry Filled Puff Pastry Donuts
- 1 pkg
- (17.3 ounces) pepperidge farm puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 8 strawberries or banana, pineapple, blueberries, etc
- for sprinkling
- 1 Tbsp
- powdered sugar for dusting
- 1 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 2 - 3 Tbsp
- lemon juice
GLAZE - OPTIONAL
How to Make Strawberry Filled Puff Pastry Donuts
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray - or use parchment paper.
Mix glaze if using.
- 2Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork; Set aside. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Using a round cutter, cut the pastry sheet into 9 (3 inch) circles. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet. (Don’t waste the scraps – re roll them and cut into as many circles as possible)
Place half of the pastry circles onto a parchment lined or sprayed baking sheet. Top each with a small amount of cut up fruit and top fruit with about 1/4 teaspoon) sugar.