3 ozstrawberry jello
1 cboiling water
1/2 csour cream
1/2 ptstrawberry ice cream
1/2 Tbsplemon juice, freshly squeezed
10 ozfrozen strawberries (do not thaw)
1 cheavy cream (whipping cream)
3/4 tspvanilla extract
1/4 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Strawberry Bavarian
- Place the Jello in a large bowl and add the boiling water. Stir until completely dissolved.
- Add the sour cream and beat until smooth.
- Cut the frozen ice cream into the Jello. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and frozen fruit.
- Quickly pour the mixture into a pitcher and then pour into 4 large capacity wine glasses or one decorative bowl. (Each glass should have an 8-ounce capacity.)
**Make sure you leave a generous amount of headroom in each glass (or bowl) for the topping.
- Refrigerate the Bavarian.
At this time, put your mixing bowl and beaters in the refrigerator to chill.
- After the Bavarian has set up, make the topping.
- In your chilled bowl, add the heavy cream, vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Whip the ingredients until the cream holds it shape.
- Remove the Bavarian from the refrigerator and top each glass or bowl with the whipped topping.
- Add some grated chocolate on the top of the whipped cream. You may also add a leaf of mint for some color.