- 3 oz
- strawberry jello
- 1 c
- boiling water
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1/2 pt
- strawberry ice cream
- 1/2 Tbsp
- lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 10 oz
- frozen strawberries (do not thaw)
- 1 c
- heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 3/4 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
- grated chocolate
How to Make Strawberry Bavarian
- 1Place the Jello in a large bowl and add the boiling water. Stir until completely dissolved.
- 2Add the sour cream and beat until smooth.
- 3Cut the frozen ice cream into the Jello. Stir until melted and smooth.
- 4Add the lemon juice and frozen fruit.
- 5Quickly pour the mixture into a pitcher and then pour into 4 large capacity wine glasses or one decorative bowl. (Each glass should have an 8-ounce capacity.)
**Make sure you leave a generous amount of headroom in each glass (or bowl) for the topping.
- 6Refrigerate the Bavarian.
At this time, put your mixing bowl and beaters in the refrigerator to chill.
- 7After the Bavarian has set up, make the topping.
- 8In your chilled bowl, add the heavy cream, vanilla and powdered sugar.
- 9Whip the ingredients until the cream holds it shape.
- 10Remove the Bavarian from the refrigerator and top each glass or bowl with the whipped topping.
- 11Add some grated chocolate on the top of the whipped cream. You may also add a leaf of mint for some color.