Strawberry-Almond Shortcake Triffle
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/4 c
- fat free milk (or non-dairy milk like almond milk)
- 1 pkg
- (4 serving size) jell-o vanilla fat free sugar free instant pudding & pie filling
- 4 Tbsp
- orange juice, divided
- 1/8 tsp
- ground or powdered nutmeg
- tub (8 ounces) cool whip lite topping, thawed
- 1 pkg
- (13.6 ounces) fat free pound cake or angel food cake (or make your own)
- 3 c
- strawberries, halved
- 1/4 c
- sliced almonds, toasted
How to Make Strawberry-Almond Shortcake Triffle
- 1In advance: Be sure to add little sugar or non-sugar sweetener to the fresh strawberries, and chill them in the fridge several hours. The juice it creates is necessary to sink into the cake.
Pour cold milk into large bowl. Add pudding mix, 2 Tbsp orange juice and nutmeg. Beat with wire whisk 1 minute. Gently stir in whipped topping.
- 2Slice cake horizontally into 4 layers. Cut into 1-inch cubes (or tear into bite size pieces). Sprinkle cake layers evenly with remaining 2 Tbsp orange jice. Place 1/2 the cake cubes in bottom of 2 1/2 Qt. straight-sided bowl. Spoon 1/2 the pudding mixture over cake cubes. Top with strawberries and almonds (reserving several for garnish). Sprinkle remaining cake cubes and pudding mixture over almonds. Top with reserved strawberries and almonds.
- 3Refrigerate until ready to serve. Store leftover dessert in fridge.