Vicki Butts (lazyme)
How to Make Raspberry Valentines
- Slice pound cake into 4 (1-inch) slices.
- With a medium-sized heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out hearts from each slice of pound cake. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine 1/2 of the raspberries and the sugar.
- Crush berries with a fork.
- Add remaining raspberries to the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Whip chilled cream until the soft peak stage.
- Using 2 dessert plates, place 1 heart on each plate.
- Pour 3/4 of the raspberry mixture over each cake.
- Cover cakes with another pound cake heart.
- Top with whipped cream and remaining raspberry mixture.