Vicki Butts (lazyme)
How to Make Raspberry Valentines
- 1Slice pound cake into 4 (1-inch) slices.
- 2With a medium-sized heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out hearts from each slice of pound cake. Set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl combine 1/2 of the raspberries and the sugar.
- 4Crush berries with a fork.
- 5Add remaining raspberries to the bowl.
- 6Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- 7Whip chilled cream until the soft peak stage.
- 8Using 2 dessert plates, place 1 heart on each plate.
- 9Pour 3/4 of the raspberry mixture over each cake.
- 10Cover cakes with another pound cake heart.
- 11Top with whipped cream and remaining raspberry mixture.