Quick Cherry Dessert
Rev BJ Friley
Tip: For blueberry dessert, substitute blueberry pie filling for the cherry filling.
1 c(2 sticks) butter or margarine
1 1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 tspalmond extract
2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 can(s)(21 oz.) cherry pie filling
·powdered sugar to dust over top
How to Make Quick Cherry Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the almond extract.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Mix until smooth.
- Butter a 13-by-9-inch cake pan.
- Turn the mixture into the pan.
- Spoon the pie filling into the cake, in 16 spots, spacing 4 spoonfuls evenly in each direction.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and cake test done.
NOTE: Filling will sink into the cake while baking.
- To serve, cut into 16 pieces.
- Place bottom side up on serving plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if used.
- Spoon lightly sweetened whipped cream over each serving, if desired.