Quick Cherry Dessert
Rev BJ Friley
Tip: For blueberry dessert, substitute blueberry pie filling for the cherry filling.
- 1 c
- (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 can(s)
- (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
- powdered sugar to dust over top
How to Make Quick Cherry Dessert
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- 3Add the eggs.
- 4Beat until light and fluffy.
- 5Add the almond extract.
- 6Stir in the flour and baking powder.
- 7Mix until smooth.
- 8Butter a 13-by-9-inch cake pan.
- 9Turn the mixture into the pan.
- 10Spoon the pie filling into the cake, in 16 spots, spacing 4 spoonfuls evenly in each direction.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and cake test done.
NOTE: Filling will sink into the cake while baking.
- 12To serve, cut into 16 pieces.
- 13Place bottom side up on serving plate.
- 14Dust with powdered sugar, if used.
- 15Spoon lightly sweetened whipped cream over each serving, if desired.