8 largefresh peaches, peeled and sliced
2 tsplemon juice
1 Tbspsalted butter
3/4 csugar (plus 2 tablespoons for biscuit topping)
1 call purpose baking mix (such as bisquik)
1/4 cmilk plus 2 tablespoons
·extra sugar for sprinkling top (optional)
How to Make PEACH COBBLER
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then lightly butter a 2 quart casserole dish and set aside.
- Mix together sliced peaches, 1/4 cup sugar and lemon juice in mixing bowl.
- Place 1 cup of the peaches, and all of the peach juice, into a medium saucepan, then mash the peaches a little.
- Sprinkle with the cornstarch and mix well.
- Stirring constantly, cook over medium-high heat until thickened.
- Stir in butter until melted and remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup sugar, then pour over peaches in bowl and mix well. (If it looks too juicy, add another tablespoon of cornstarch and mix well.)
- Pour into prepared dish and set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix together 1 cup baking mix, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk until just moistened and only a few small lumps remain.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter equally over top of peaches, then lightly sprinkle top with sugar (optional.)
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly.
- Serve warm. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.