- 8 large
- fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
- salted butter
- 2 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
- sugar (plus 2 tablespoons for biscuit topping)
- 1 c
- all purpose baking mix (such as bisquik)
- 1/4 c
- milk plus 2 tablespoons
- extra sugar for sprinkling top (optional)
How to Make PEACH COBBLER
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then lightly butter a 2 quart casserole dish and set aside.
- 2Mix together sliced peaches, 1/4 cup sugar and lemon juice in mixing bowl.
- 3Place 1 cup of the peaches, and all of the peach juice, into a medium saucepan, then mash the peaches a little.
- 4Sprinkle with the cornstarch and mix well.
- 5Stirring constantly, cook over medium-high heat until thickened.
- 6Stir in butter until melted and remove from heat.
- 7Stir in 1/2 cup sugar, then pour over peaches in bowl and mix well. (If it looks too juicy, add another tablespoon of cornstarch and mix well.)
- 8Pour into prepared dish and set aside.
- 9In medium bowl, mix together 1 cup baking mix, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk until just moistened and only a few small lumps remain.
- 10Drop spoonfuls of the batter equally over top of peaches, then lightly sprinkle top with sugar (optional.)
- 11Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly.
- 12Serve warm. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.