Mom's Blueberry Crumb Squares
1 cwhite sugar
1 tspbaking powder
3 call purpose flour
1 ccold butter, cut into pieces
·zest and juice of one lemon
4 cfresh blueberries
1/2 cwhite sugar
How to Make Mom's Blueberry Crumb Squares
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, baking powder, salt and flour. Cut in the butter using two knives or a pastry blender, until pieces are no larger than pea sized. Stir in the beaten egg to form a crumbly dough.
- Pat 1/2 the dough in an even layer into the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon zest and juice, 1/2 cup sugar, and the cornstarch. Toss the blueberries in the mixture and spread the blueberries on top of the dough in the pan.
- Crumble the remaining dough evenly over the blueberries. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool before cutting into squares and serving.