Marinovanniye Grushi s Myodom (Honey-Marinated Pea
How to Make Marinovanniye Grushi s Myodom (Honey-Marinated Pea
- Place the pears in a large bowl, sprinkle them with the lemon juice and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large nonreactive saucepan, combine the honey and water and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until the honey is completely dissolved, 5 minutes.
- Add the pear quarters to the pan in 1 layer and cook at a medium boil until the pears are just tender, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the pears to a bowl and reserve.
- Add the vinegar and spices to the syrup and bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow the marinade to cool to room temperature, then strain it.
- Pour the pears into a sterilized 1-quart jar and pour the marinade into the jar to submerge pears. Seal the jar and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days, by that time the pears should be ready to eat. The pears will keep for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.