Grilled Pineapple with Butter Sauce
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, 1 stick
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- pinch each ground nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice
- 1/2 cup myer’s or other dark rum
- 8 thick slices (1 inch) very ripe fresh pineapple, cored if not totally soft in the center
- vanilla ice cream for serving
How to Make Grilled Pineapple with Butter Sauce
- 1Cook butter, brown sugar, spices and rum in small pan over medium heat, stirring til sugar is dissolved and butter melted. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally til sauce is slightly syrupy and coats the back of a spoon, Keep warm.
- 2Heat grill, making sure it’s clean and brush or spray it with a touch of oil so the pineapple doesn’t stick. (I wouldn’t spray the grill, as this can be dangerous. Use a paper towel or brush to brush on oil. Just my opinion)
Grill pineapple slices til warmed through and caramelized, about 10 minutes per side. Serve at once in rings or chunks, with warm sauce and ice cream if you like. Serves 8
- 3Note: I like to toss a bit of toasted coconut on top of the ice cream.
Source: Cooking New American.