How to Make Easy Pavlova
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw a 9-inch circle on the parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Gradually add in the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until thick and glossy. Overbeaten egg whites lose volumn and deflate when folded into other ingredients. Be absolutely sure not a particle of grease or egg yolk gets into the whites. Gently fold in vanilla extract, lemon juice and cornstarch.
- Spoon mixture inside the circle drawn on the parchment paper. Working from the center, spread mixture toward the outside edge, building edge slightly. This should leave a slight depression in the center.
- Bake 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form (add sugar if desired); set aside. Remove the paper and place meringue on a flat serving plate. Fill the center of the meringue with whipped cream. Top whipped cream with kiwi fruit slices.