- 1/2 c
- *eagle brand* sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped nut meats (shelled nuts)
- 2 c
- vanilla wafers (1/2 lb)-finely crushed
- 1 c
- finely chopped dates
- powder sugar
How to Make Date Roll
- 1Blend Eagle Brand Milk and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add vanilla wafer crumbs. Mix well.
- 2Mix dates and nuts in another bowl.
- 3Take a jelly roll pan and place parchment paper on it. Sprinkle paper with powdered sugar. Place the vanilla wafer mixture on pan. Lightly roll or pat to an 8x10 in rectangle. Spread the top with the date/nut mixture. Roll like a jelly roll. Wrap in seran wrap and place in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours. Slice and serve.
- 4**Note** I did not know what nut meats was. I looked up the definition and one place said the edible kernel of a nut. Another reference said shelled nuts. So in other words, today's terminology is chopped nuts :-)