3 cblack cherries, pitted
3/4 call purpose flour
1/2 csugar, divided
1 Tbspkirsch, optional
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1 tspalmond extract
·butter or spray for greasing
How to Make Cherry Clafoutis
- In a blender, mix together milk, 1/4 cup sugar, kirsch, vanilla, almond extract, eggs and salt.
- Add flour and blend for another minute until smooth.
- Cover the bottom of baking dish with a layer of batter. Add a layer of cherries and sprinkle the top of them with remaining sugar, then cover with the rest of the batter.
- Place in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until golden crust has formed at the bottom and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Optional: dust with powdered sugar before serving.