Cherry Bread Pudding (Chriesibragel)
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Easy Menu Cooking the Swiss Way.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 1/2 Tbspunsalted butter or margarine
2 Tbspwhite sugar
1/4 cwhite sugar
4 slicewhite bread, toasted
1 1/2 chot milk
1/3 cfinely ground hazelnuts or walnuts
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1 Tbspgrated lemon peel
1 16-ounce can(s)canned dark sweet pitted cherries, drained (reserve 4 cherry halves for topping)
1 cheavy cream, whipped (for topping)
How to Make Cherry Bread Pudding (Chriesibragel)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a medium-sized round casserole dish with 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Sprinkle dish lightly with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Cut toasted bread into small cubes and place into a large bowl.
- Add hot milk and remaining butter and beat until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients (except cream), blending well.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve warm.
- Top each serving with whipped cream and garnish with a cherry half.