- 1 can peaches in heavy syrup, 29 oz
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. cognac
- 1 t. fresh lemon juice
- 4 slices (1/2 inch thick) brioche or pound cake
- 2 tbsp.coarsely crushed pistachios
How to Make Caramelized Peaches
- 1Drain peaches, reserving syrup and pour syrup into skillet. Cook over high heat til syrup is reduced and turns into a caramel, 9 to 10 minutes, shaking pan near end so caramel doesn’t burn around edges.
- 2Add peaches to caramel and stir in cram. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, to melt caramel and mix it with the cram. Boil for 1 to 2 minutes, then transfer to bowl and cool. Stir in cognac and lemon juice land add water if sauce is too thick. Cover and refrigerate til serving time.
- 3Just before serving, toast brioche or pound cake slices and put a slice on each of four dessert plates. Arrange 2 peach halves on top of each slice and coat with sauce. sprinkle peaches with pistachios. Serves 4
Source: Jacques Pipin Fast Food My Way
You can substitute chopped toasted almonds if you don’t have pistachios
This dessert tastes best when the caramelized peaches are well chilled. Make them early on the day you plan to serve it.