Caramel Nut Apple
- 4 large
- apples, washed, dried & chilled - caramel sticks better to cold apples
- 8 oz
- chopped, macadamia nuts or have used pecans
- 1 - 14 oz
- unwrapped caramels + 2 tablespoons water
- 4 oz
- chocolate - i use hershey bars
How to Make Caramel Nut Apple
- 1Have a piece of waxed paper ready to set apples on once dipped or butter a pan.
I use fine grit sand paper and go over the apples, not to the point of removing skin, just to rough them up a bit, so the caramel adheres better.
Insert sticks in the center of the apples. Set aside.
Melt caramels with 2 tablespoons water in a saucepan over low heat, until smooth, stirring frequently.
- 2Dip apples as soon as caramel is ready. Scrape the excess caramel from the bottom of the apples, onto the side of the pan and let excess drip back into the pan.
Immediately roll apples into the nuts and with your fingers press slightly so they stick. Place apples on the waxed paper to set up, about 30 minutes.
In a closable ziplock baggie, place chocolate and microwave on one side 1 minute, then turn and microwave another minute, knead the bag, making sure all chocolate is melted. Snip and small corner of the baggie, and decorate the apples to your liking. Let set another 30 minutes to set up. Can place in refrigerator to speed up the process...enjoy!