Caramel Apple Pie Nuggets
- canaola oil for frying
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 2 oz
- apples, peeled, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 can(s)
- refrigerated original biscuits
- caramel sauce and whipped cream for garnish
How to Make Caramel Apple Pie Nuggets
- 1Fill 4 quart Dutch oven one-third full with canola oil. Heat oil over medium heat to about 350F.
- 2In medium microwavable bowl, stir together sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add chopped apples; toss until coated. Microwave on High in 20 second increments, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender. If apples are a little to tart. stir in a sprinkle of additional sugar.
- 4When oil is hot, carefully drop several stuffed biscuits into oil at a time. Using slotted metal spoon or kitchen spider, carefully turn stuffed biscuits over and over until golden brown. Remove from oil to paper towels to drain. Immediately place in serving bowls; drizzle with caramel sauce and top with whipped cream. Serve.