Aside from topping a cupcake, candied pineapple could be:
Eaten all on its own
Used in or on top of a meat dish
Mixed into a fruit salad,
Thrown on the grill (I haven’t tried it yet)!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
24pineapple rings (i used the kind from the can, but fresh pineapple would also work.)
How to Make Candied Pineapple
- In a large, heavy pot, bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Add pineapple rings.
- Let the mixture boil for about 5-10 minutes. Be sure that all of the pineapple rings are under water.
- Reduce the heat to medium and let it continue cooking for about 30 minutes. The liquid will thicken and become a syrup.
- Remove from heat but let the pineapple remain in the pot as they cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove to a sheet of parchment paper to cool completely.
- The syrup remaining in the pan can be saved and used in other dishes.