Banana Split Cheesecake
- 1 3/4 c
- finely crushed chocolate wafers
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine, melted
- 24 oz
- crean cheese, softened
- 3/4 c
- 5 tsp
- egg yolk
- 2/3 c
- pureed banana (2 small bananas)
- 1/2 c
- banana schnapps
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- fresh pineapple chunks, fresh strawberries, banana slices, and chocolate ice cream topping
BANANA SPLIT FILLING
How to Make Banana Split Cheesecake
- 1In a small bowl, stir together crushed wafers and sugar. Add melted butter or margarine. Stir till well combined. Press crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom and up the sides 1/2 way of a greased 9 inch springform pan. Set aside
- 2In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch. Beat with electric mixer till smooth.
Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pureed banana, banana schnapps, and vanilla extract. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- 3Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. LOWER the temperature to 225 and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or till the center no longer looks wet or shiny. Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan. (This helps prevent cracking of the cheesecake.) Turn the oven off; return the cake to the oven for an additional 30 minutes. Chill uncovered, overnight.
- 4Just before serving, garnish with fruit. Drizzle with warm ice cream topping.
If desired, add nuts and dollops of whipped cream.