Aunt Essie's Apple Brownies
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I love how easy this recipe is. The aroma while it was baking took me back to when my Granny used to bake. The end result is a very tasty cake that is supremely moist and very flavorful. I would serve this any time of any day and it has now become a family favorite! The Test Kitchen
1 cbutter, melted
2-3 capples, peeled, cored and chopped
1 cchopped pecans
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Aunt Essie's Apple Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease a 9” X 13” baking dish (I now use non-stick cooking spray.)
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, and eggs. Stir in apples and nuts.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, and fold into apple mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish, and bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool, in baking dish on wire rack. Cut into squares and serve with a dollop of whipped topping or a scoop of ice cream, if you like.