Vanishing Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Whoa! Our absolutely fav Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie emerged from the mess up. We love them but they are almost candy like so keep that in mind.
They are also pretty good with a handful or so of chopped walnuts tossed in with the chocoalte chips.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 call purpose flour
3/4 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 3/4 stickbutter, unsalted or 7 0z
1 cgranulated sugar
1/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 tspsalt - skip if using salted butter
1 1/2 cold fashioned oats - not instant
1 1/2 cchocolate chips
How to Make Vanishing Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Heat oven to 350°F - you will need 3 baking sheets lined with parchment paper - you really need the parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt. If you are using salted butter you can skip the salt
- With mixer at low speed beat together butter and both sugars until very creamy. Increase speed and beat 1 minute longer, scrape sides as needed and add egg and vanilla, beat another 30 seconds.
- Add half the blended dry ingredients at a time and mix well at med speed until mixture is smooth.
Stir in the oatmeal and chocolate chips with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Now these do spread a lot. I get 9 cookies per sheet using a rounded tbsp of dough. I keep swearing I'll make them smaller next time.
Bake no more than 2 sheets and rotate the baking sheets at 5 minutes. Check in another 4 o 5 minutes - 10 minutes total works in my oven.
Cool on a rack (or straight on the counter top as I do)