Toasted Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Toast the pecans for a nuttier flavor! If you like nuts, you will love em toasted in this cookie!
2 1/4 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
3/4 cbrown sugar
1 c(2 stks) butter
2 cchocolate chips
1 ctoasted pecans
1/2 cbroken pretzel pieces, optional
How to Make Toasted Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper if desired. NOTE: lining sheets is not necessary but some people do like parchment paper and it is nice for quicker clean up.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl; cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Slowly add flour adding about 1/4 of a cup at a time; mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and cooled toasted pecans. NOTE: If adding pretzel pieces, add now.
- Using a cookie scoop; drop cookies onto cookie sheets about 2-inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges of cookies begin to lightly brown.
- Removed from oven; cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes and then remove to wire rack to completely cool.
- NOTE: Toast pecan halves in over at 375 for 10 minutes. Remove and cool; chopp.