Texas Sheet Cake Cookies
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cbutter, room temperature
1/3 cgranulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tspbaking powder
1 1/3 cflour
1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tspcocoa powder
2 1/2 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Texas Sheet Cake Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter and sugar together until light, scraping sides frequently.
- Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated. Mix in baking powder and salt.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add in flour. Dough will be thick.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat chocolate chips on high in 30 second increments until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Mix melted chocolate directly into cookie dough until evenly mixed
- Drop dough by a measured tablespoon sized mounds onto baking sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes until cookies just appear set. They will still be very soft on the inside. DO NOT overbake!!
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
In a medium saucepan combine butter, cocoa powder and milk over medium heat, whisking until melted together. Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar.
- Pour icing over cookies and allow icing to set before serving.
Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
*Make sure not to over-bake these cookies. The insides will remain soft and dense if baked correctly.