☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 stick
- softened ( room temp)real butter
- 3/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- almond extract , vanilla extract or your favorite
- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
How to Make Sweet n Sassy Shortbread Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 340 F
Mash softened butter in a large bowl, add sugar , almond extract. Add flour and Baking powder mixed , gradually keep mixing until all is incorporated. I do this by hand with wooden spoon , fairly simple.
- 2Butter bottom and sides of 1 round cake pan or similar dish. Press flour, sugar butter mixture into the bottom of pan. If needed add a little vegetable oil or 1 beaten egg if consistency isnt smooth.
- 3Bake low heat 340 degree for about 12 minutes, check with a knife to see if center comes out clean. You probably will need to bake UP TO another 10 minutes, but WATCH the shortbread and check it often so it is only lightly browned NOT BURNED
- 4remove cut into small pie slices . Let cool remove from pan and enjoy.