I, too bake these during the Christmas holiday and my kids and grandkids just love them!
Helpful hint: I measure out the baking soda and the salt into a small measuring cup and use the back of a measuring spoon to mix them together and smash those nasty little lumps that appear in baking soda. Then I mix that into the flour before adding it to the wet ingredients.
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine (softened) 1/2 c. granulted sugar, 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- egg, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1/4 tsp. salt
- hershey's kisses (unwrapped)
How to Make Surprise Cookies
- 1With an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla, beat until well blended.
- 2With spoon, blend in flour, baking soda and salt. Refrigerate at least 2 hrs. (overnight is better).
- 3Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper (to avoid sticking). Shape dough into walnut sized balls. Enclose one "Kiss" in center of dough ball making sure chocolate is completely cover. Place on baking pan and bake for approximately 9-12 minutes or until firm but not browned. Remove from baking pan and cool on wire rack. Store in airtight container.