How to Make Soft Gingerbread cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Mix together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses.
Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture.
- 4Shape the dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- 5Place the cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. You don't need to flatten them.
- 6Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven.
- 7Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container.