Snickerdoodles (soft & thick)
I'm experimenting with a chocolate version too.. stay tuned!
How to Make Snickerdoodles (soft & thick)
- Beat butter until it is creamy (soften in the microwave for 20 seconds if its hard). Add sugar slowly & cream.
- Beat in egg & vanilla essence.
- Sift in flour, salt, baking soda & cream of tartar & beat to combine.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine the extra sugar & cinnamon.
- Use a 1 Tablespoon measure to scoop out dough & roll into balls then roll them in the sugar/cinnamon mix to thoroughly coat.
Place balls on a lined baking sheet, 2" apart.
- Bake at 180C for 8-10 minutes.
They may not look cooked but leave them to cool on the tray & they will firm up.