Scandinavian Almond Bars
1/2 cbutter ( soft )
1/2 tspalmond extract
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cchopped almonds
1 cpowdered sugar
1/4 tspalmond extract
How to Make Scandinavian Almond Bars
- Turn on oven to 325* Bake 18-20 min.
- Cream sugar and butter. Beat in egg and extract.
Add dry ingredients Mix well
- Divide dough in half and make two rolls the length of sheet pan 12 W x 17 L ( we call it a 1/2 sheet pan)
Flatten each roll to 3 " wide. Pat milk on top and sprinkle on the chopped almonds
- Bake at 325* 18-20 min or until edges slightly browned.
Cool in pan 5 min. Cut diagonally and place each piece on a wire rack.
- Mix the icing ingredients together and drizzle over the bars.