To make carb-friendly, substitute the sugar with Splenda.
·2/3 cup sugar
·1/2 cup butter at room temperature
·1 egg at room temperature
·2 tsp. lemon extract
·3/4 cup almond flour
·1/3 cup coconut flour
·1/2 tsp. baking soda
·1/4 tsp. salt
·1 tbsp. poppy seeds
How to Make Savannah Bites
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Add in lemon extract and egg; add in baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Add in flours and poppy seeds. Roll dough into walnut-sized balls.
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheets and press gently with the bottom of a glass to flatten the slightly.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes in preheated oven, or just until the bottoms are golden.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then carefully transfer to cooling rack to fully firm up, about 2 hours.
- Dust with powdered sugar to finish.