To make carb-friendly, substitute the sugar with Splenda.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2 tsp. lemon extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- powdered sugar
How to Make Savannah Bites
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Add in lemon extract and egg; add in baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- 3Add in flours and poppy seeds. Roll dough into walnut-sized balls.
- 4Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheets and press gently with the bottom of a glass to flatten the slightly.
- 5Bake for 9-10 minutes in preheated oven, or just until the bottoms are golden.
- 6Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then carefully transfer to cooling rack to fully firm up, about 2 hours.
- 7Dust with powdered sugar to finish.