- 1/2 c
- 2 oz
- (2 squares) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- 3/4 c
- sifted all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp
- 3/4 c
- nuts, chopped (optional)
How to Make Saucepan Brownies
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease an 8x8 pan.
- 2In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly. When melted, remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes.
- 3In the same saucepan, beat in vanilla and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat well in-between.
- 4Sift flour and salt and add to pan. Mix well. If adding nuts do it at this time.
- 5Turn into greased 8X8 pan. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
- 6NOTE: If you don't have the unsweetened chocolate squares, you can substitute 3-4 T cocoa and 1 TBSP shortening instead of the 2 squares.