2 oz(2 squares) unsweetened chocolate
1/2 tspvanilla extract
3/4 csifted all purpose flour
3/4 cnuts, chopped (optional)
How to Make Saucepan Brownies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease an 8x8 pan.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly. When melted, remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes.
- In the same saucepan, beat in vanilla and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat well in-between.
- Sift flour and salt and add to pan. Mix well. If adding nuts do it at this time.
- Turn into greased 8X8 pan. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
- NOTE: If you don't have the unsweetened chocolate squares, you can substitute 3-4 T cocoa and 1 TBSP shortening instead of the 2 squares.